Posts Tagged ‘bags’
Our Valentine’s Day essentials series will be posted at the end of this week. Here’s a little something to wet your whistle..
You already know what it is, let’s get it in. The top fashion items from around the web — Frats and Sororities, grab your pads and pens:
Obama Tote Bag by Diane Von Furstenburg (Runway for Change). Divas…you need this one on deck.
Necklace by Gulnur Ozdaglar (made from recycled PolyEtylene Terephtalate bottles). HARD!
Boat Sneaker by Louis Vuitton x Kanye West. I guess this is what he meant when he said, “my Kappa style”.
15th Anniversary Giant Baby Milo Plush Toy by A Bathing Ape. Honestly, this is just ill. Black & Gold Members, make it an addition to the collection of apes.
Wool Overcoat by Burberry. If there was ever an investment to be made, Sigmas…this would be the one.
“Rainer Maria Rilke” Poem Scarf by Edun. If you watched the U2 performance in the Inaugural Concert, Bono had this on (but the reverse colorway). African cotton = that sh*t. Open to all, grab one of these.
As an Urban Graduate, there are 5 ESSENTIAL BAGS to have. No, I’m not talking about purses or manbags, I’m talking about REAL carry-alls. Pay close attention as we run down the list:
1. Classic Backpack: Whether you’re still a student, or just a student of life — a traditional backpack is always necessary. Stay away from bulky bags (since the stuff you put in your bag will create the bulk), and always opt for comfortable straps. Jansport and Northface are good brands to go with.
2. Messenger/Shoulder Bag: These are considered the mature alternative to the backpack. Favored in urban environments, the messenger/shoulder bag should be simple, vertical or horizontal. Leather (Wilson’s Leather, Banana Republic) or polyester/nylon (Timbuk2, Manhattan Portage) will do the trick.
3. Laptop bag/case: Although both the backpack and messenger bag are capable of storing a laptop, the laptop bag is NECESSARY. I mean, I bet a Phillips screwdriver fits inside a bunch of containers, but we put it in a TOOLBOX for a reason. Slimmer, sleeker — this bag should complement the tool inside. Targus, Knomo, Ro Tuck, and Composition are my choice brands.
4. Briefcase: The Briefcase is seen as an international symbol of business integrity. As you transition, be sure to add this item into your repertoire. There are sooo many rules for briefcases; just remember the basics – black or brown leather, straps & buckles or locks, not bulky. Most of all, the case should match the person. Wilson’s Leather is where price meets quality; if you’ve got the bucks — Go T. Anthony LTD.
5. Travel/Duffle bag: Finally, your all purpose bag. Good for the gym, or for leisure travel. Canvas is good for the summer, whereas leather and polyester/nylon are better for varying climates. PLEEASEE do away with the “I played Soccer/Basketball/Football” – equipment bags! Stick to clean, logo-minimalist bags (unless you’re being sponsored by NIKE, of course). Quality first, H&M or J. Crew on the lower end, and for the higher(-est) end, Goyard.